Advisement & Registration FAQs
1. How can I contact my advisor?
Please see the attached advisor directory and locate your advisor’s email address. Additionally, log into MyDESU and review your Degree Works audit. Under “Student View,” you will find your advisor information is listed there.
2. I know my athletic academic advisor, but who is my PRIMARY ADVISOR?
Please reference the advisor directory attached and/or review your Degree Works audit. Under “Student View,” and you find your advisor information listed there.
3. How do I make an appointment with my advisor?
Log on https://bnrhvprod-ssb.desu.edu/dsu/kiosk/homepage_selector.htm and click the “Schedule an Advising or Tutoring Appointment” tab on the upper right hand.
4. How will my advisement and registration be completed?
Advisement session and registration will be completed online with your advisor(s).
5. How do I get registered for Spring 2020 if I did not finish the process?
If you did not complete registration, you should do so as soon as possible. Please check your email for the completed course request form, review and sign it, and then return it via email to your advisor to confirm/approve your Spring course selection. Your primary advisor will register you for classes.
6. What should I do if I don’t have my books and course materials/computer with me? (example – still in the dorm)
You should contact your instructor via blackboard or email to inform the instructor and copy your primary advisor that you do not have access to your course materials from your current location.
7.What if I do not have consistent internet service at home?
You should contact your instructor via blackboard or email to inform the instructor that you do not have access to reliable internet service. Please copy your primary advisor on your email message. You may need to use internet service available through your local community, if possible.
8. How do I take a class online? How does it work? What do I need to do?
You can access your online courses through Blackboard. Instructors will upload the information that you will need to continue with your course. It is recommended that you set a consistent schedule to complete your course work for each class. Ms. Tiffany Alexander(talexander [at] desu.edu), Coordinator of Student Transition, offers programming to assist you with developing a plan to stay on task.
9. Who should I contact if I had accommodations for my classes that are now offered online?
Notify your faculty/Instructor and Ms. Ann Knettler, Coordinator of Student Accessibility Services @ aksmith [at] desu.edu or call Ms. Knettler during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30am – 4:30pm) at 302.857.6898.
10. Who can I contact if I need help?
Questions related to your course should be directed to your instructor. For Banner self-service, Blackboard or other technology problems, assistance is available during business hours by calling 302-857-7122 or 302-857-7028, or by sending an email to blackboard [at] desu.edu. For after-hours Blackboard Support, you can access this service 24/7 by calling (toll free) 844-570-6766 or online at http://desu.edusupportcenter.com/ (paste directly into your browser).
11. What should I do if I want to withdraw from a class?
If you want to withdraw from a class before on-campus courses resume, you should contact both your advisor and instructor to discuss if you should withdraw from the class. If you elect to withdraw, your advisor will send you an electronic form to withdraw from the course. Once on-campus courses resume, you can initiate a class withdrawal with your advisor. Bear in mind that in each semester, there is a deadline to withdraw from courses without academic penalty.
12. Who do I speak to if I cannot return to my home or I do not have a permanent residence?
The Office of Student Affairs is developing protocols to deal with all situations involving critical questions of housing in special cases. However, a list of student names has been compiled (i.e. athletes, international, foster care etc.) of whom may require/need special housing accommodations during this time. If you are in any of these categories, please notify your Resident Director or the Housing Office housing [at] desu.edu for assistance.
13. What are some important tips I need to know about online courses for academic success?
- COMMUNICATE with your professors often.
- Check Blackboard DAILY.
- COMMIT to your academic success.
- PLANNING is key!
- Log into Blackboard at the same times you would be attending face-to-face classes to complete your assignments.
- Make note of DUE DATES to see how much time you have to complete each assignment.
- START on bigger assignments (like papers or studying for big exams) early!
- USE our online tutoring service.
- ENJOY the convenience of virtual learning!
14. Where can I find the contact information for my instructor?
Go to mydesu.edu. Click on the link in the top corner that says “Directory.” Type in the name of your professor in the search box. The name of your professor should pop up in the search results. You can also search on your Blackboard page. Your professor’s contact information should be posted there. You can check with the department of the class you are taking. For example, you can check with the Biology department if it is a biology class. This information is located on the DSU website under the appropriate college.
15. What if I need to contact the Financial Aid Office?
You can call the Financial aid office during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30-4:30pm) at 302.857.6250, or email them at faid [at] desu.edu.
16. What if I need to contact the Office of Student Accounts?
You can call the Office of Student Accounts during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30-4:30pm) at 302.857.6240, or email them at studentaccounts [at] desu.edu.
17. What if I need to contact the Records & Registration office?
You can call the office of Records & Registration during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30-4:30pm) at 302.857.6375, or email them at registrar [at] desu.edu.
18. What if I need to contact someone at the University and I don’t know their department?
Please call one of the following numbers: Daytime: 302.857.6060 or Evening: 302.857.6290.